If you’ve been struggling to feel happy, then you need to cultivate habits and practice tools like journaling to help you create a happier state of mind. These 20 journal prompts will help you do just that : shift your mindset so that you can cultivate more happiness in your life.
Happiness is a habit that you have to cultivate.
There. I said it.
It’s as simple (and complicated) as that.
I think that sometimes, we tend to overcomplicate concepts, when in reality, it’s quite simple. And happiness seems to be one of those elusive things that many of us struggle to fully understand and grasp.
But the truth is, it can be simple. Happiness is possible. And happiness is within your reach, right now.
- Related : 6 Ways to Being Happier, No Matter What
Of course, it’s something that you have to practice to cultivate on a daily basis. And that’s where these journal prompts come into play. It’s with these types of tools and practices that you can help yourself to cultivate more happiness and joy in your life.
I will still try and define happiness for you
What is happiness
I know that tackling the subject of happiness is a big one because … well… happiness is really hard to define. And the definition of happiness will be different for different people.
Because your idea and perception of happiness is greatly shaped by your upbringing, your background, and your life experiences. So it’s normal that everyone will have a different perspective and view of what happiness means to them.
- Related : 6 Reasons Why You’re Unhappy
So let me try and attempt at defining happiness so at least you can think about your definition of what it means to you. Because if you understand a concept and define it for yourself, it will be a lot to have a clear idea of what it looks like in practical terms.
Simply put, happiness is a state of being – it’s about feeling content and satisfied, and mostly feeling positive emotions, and being able to enjoy life and the little things in life.
PIN NOW, READ LATER!
Journal prompts to cultivate more happiness
- Describe one of your fondest memories that you have that make you feel really happy to think about.
- Who do you cherish in your life?
- What’s one great thing about your life right now?
- What’s one thing you’re really good at?
- Describe a special moment you shared with someone recently.
- Look around and find something that makes you feel happy and inspired when you look at it.
- Describe a moment where you felt proud of yourself. Why did you feel proud?
- Describe your ideal day, from the time you wake up to the time you go to bed. Describe it with as much detail as possible.
- What’s one of your favourite things to do? (i.e. Netflix and chill; hosting a games night at your place etc.).
- What are 3 things that you tell your younger self?
- Who inspires you, and why?
- What’s one thing you could do, every day, to cultivate happiness in your life?
- Do you have a happy place, somewhere you go that makes you calm and happy? Describe it in detail.
- What are you most grateful for in your life?
- Describe yourself when you feel happy – how do you carry yourself? How do you feel? What do you think about?
- Describe someone that you know who is happy. What can you learn from them?
- Who, in your life, makes you feel loved? What do they do that makes you feel loved?
- Write down a list of 20 things that you make smile. These can be small and simple things like : cats, the sun, walking in nature, etc.
- Describe yourself using 3 words.
- (Finish the sentence) : I feel happiest when …
Get Started !
This is an obvious one but…go through the journal prompts!! I wouldn’t recommend doing them all in one sitting but you can give yourself a goal of doing one prompt, every single day, for the next 20 days!
And if you want to learn more about happiness and how to create a life that you love and that you feel excited to live, then you need to check out the Create a Life of Love and Purpose Master Class where you will everything…and I mean EVERYTHING you need to know about creating a living your dream life …