Are you ready to start your day right? To feel excited, empowered and HAPPY to be waking up so that you can live life to its fullest and focus your energy on the things that matter the most in life? If you struggle to get out of bed every morning, or to feel positive and inspired, and just generally feel unmotivated about your life, this is a SIMPLE trick to get you started on your journey to create a life that you love.
Let me start by asking you this question : what’s the first thought that comes to mind when you wake up in the morning?
Is it one (or more) of these:
- I’m tired;
- I don’t want to go to work;
- I need to do XYZ;
- Ugh, this sucks, I just want to stay in bed;
- I don’t feel like it;
… you get the picture.
I’ve been there. I get it. There are days when it’s hard to get out of bed.
There are some days where it’s easier to hide your head under the pillow and to try and ignore all your problems and challenges and endless to-do lists.
But here’s the thing : you can’t escape reality.
No matter how hard you try, there’s no running away from life and everything it manages to through your way.
Trust me, I’ve been there.
When I was struggling with depression, or days where I wake up and I feel anxious, it’s really f*cking hard to get my a*s out of bed. REALLY hard. I have to physically pull myself out of bed (or what I like to do is to turn over on my stomach, stick one leg out and slowly slide off the bed..#DontJudgeMe).
So how do I do it? How did I manage to get myself out of bed, to keep on going and to keep on trying?
Well, the truth is that it’s not always easy, and the first step is accepting that it won’t always be easy.
However… there is a very important however. You can train yourself to make it easier.
You can slowly but surely find ways to make it easier to get out of bed in the morning, and to even start getting excited about your day and about your LIFE.
Yes, I PROMISE you.
This is coming from someone that went through 2 bouts of depression and still lives with severe anxiety.
I understand that it can feel overwhelming and hopeless sometimes, but in reality, there is hope. There is always hope. There is always light at the end of the tunnel.
And there are things that you can and should do on a consistent and regular basis to help you get there. To help you get excited and passionate about life. To help you feel happier and more inspired.
So…. are you ready to hear my little secret to help you start your day right? Here we go. Get ready to be MIND BLOWN.
Well, let’s first take it a step back and talk about your morning routine
The importance of your morning routine
I shared a blog post specifically about the importance of your morning routine and how to create an inspiring morning routine, so I won’t go into it too much (but you can read the full post if you want to learn more!).
But basically, your morning routine sets the tone for your day.
If you create a morning that inspires and empowers you, that helps you feel grounded and balanced, then that will be easier to carry with you throughout the rest of your day.
No, not every morning will be perfect and you won’t always have time to do everything you want/should be doing for your morning routine.
But nothing is perfect, and it’s the little efforts here and there that will add up with time.
And your morning routine starts with the moment you start waking up from your slumber.
Your day starts the minute your brain starts thinking and racing and going through your endless list of things you need to be doing and worrying about.
Which is why your morning routine is so important to redirect that energy towards what’s more important.
The simple trick to start your day right
So, are you ready for this?
The simple trick to start your day right is to create an inspiring mantra.
BOUM. Mic drop.
Yes, it’s that simple and THAT powerful that all it takes is a simple mantra.
So what is a mantra? And why will it help you start your day right?
A mantra is simply a sentence that you will repeat to yourslef, the MOMENT you wake up.
Literally, as you start waking up, I want you to start repeating this mantra to yourself.
Because you are immediately forcing your mind to focus on something positive, inspiring and empowering.
You are training your mind to focus on the things that matter the most. On what you’re trying to create in your life. And on who you’re trying to be.
- Related: How to Transform Your Mindset
By not allowing your mind to wander to your to-do list and to how tired you are, you will slowly but surely transform your mindset and train your brain to focus on the POSITIVE.
And keep in mind, with ANY advice that I give, nothing is perfect.
You will have days where it’s harder to be positive. Or days where you forget to repeat the mantra.
But that’s okay. Because what matters is how often you pick yourself back up and keep trying.
What matter is that you keep on trying and working on at it and in the long-term, I PROMISE, you WILL absolutely see a transformation in how you feel on a day-to-day basis.
PIN NOW, READ LATER!
How to create a morning mantra
I hope that by now, you’re convince that this simple trick has the power to transform how you feel so that you can start your day right.
So if you’re ready to create your OWN mantra, here are a few little guidelines.
And keep in mind that your mantra can change and evolve with time, as you grow and change. And that there is no “right” or “wrong” mantra – it simply has to be something that resonates with YOU.
Here are the guidelines to create your morning mantra:
- It has to feel inspiring and positive to you : whatever mantra you choose, it has to resonate with you at a deeper level and it has to make you smile from within when you think about it and focus on it;
- Start with something you struggle with : What is your biggest struggle in life right now? Is it feeling happier? Is it your energy? Is it patience? If you start with the struggle, then you can flip it and create a positive and inspiring mantra around that to “counter-act” the challenge. So for example, if you’re tired all the time and are struggling with your energy, your mantra can be “Energy flows through me and I have an abundance of it”.
- Focus on what you want to create and how you want to feel : How do you want to feel in your day-to-day life? What do you want to create and welcome in your life? Think about those basic elements and create a mantra around that. For the longest time, I was unhappy and hopeless. So my mantra was as simple “I am happy and excited about life.” That’s it. Not complicated, simple and to the point
I want YOU to sit down and follow the 3 guidelines and create your own mantra.
Write it down on a piece of paper (bonus points if you make it look pretty! Use stickers or pretty markers…!) and leave it by by your night table or somewhere very visible so that you can have a visual reminder of it when you wake up!
- WEEKLY NEWSLETTER | Want to receive weekly Love Letters and motivational emails? Sign up to the mailing list HERE
- FACEBOOK | Stay up to date with all my content by following the Facebook page – Click HERE
- PODCAST | Are you on-the-go? Listen to my Podcast for practical advice on how to Live a Life you Love – Click HERE
- GOAL-SETTING WORKSHOP | Ready to set inspired goals? Click HERE to sign up to the FREE goal-setting workshop where I guide you through a step-by-step process on setting your goals!
- “CREATE A LIFE OF LOVE + PURPOSE” MASTER CLASS | Learn the tools and strategies to live a more meaningful and happy life. Click HERE to learn more.