You’re probably thinking: “Who’s this girl that thinks she knows the number one fashion tip? Who does she thinks she is??” (you’re also probably a little curious about what this tip is aren’t you?).
Well, guess what, I’m just like you: I enjoy picking my outfit in the morning, I feel prettier wearing some colours or outfits, some days I don’t feel like getting dressed up so I’ll throw on jeans and a simple top, and other days I want to dress up and put a shit ton of highlight because that’s how I roll. To each their own.
I didn’t study fashion. I don’t watch every single fashion during Fashion Week. I don’t buy every single fashion magazine. But that doesn’t mean that I don’t understand fashion and that I know the number one fashion tip that you need to know. I’m here to remind you that the most important thing to remember about fashion is….there are no rules.
You might be rolling your eyes thinking… “Duh, I could have told you that!” but hear me out!!
In an age where we live on social media and where there’s an abundance of amazing fashion blogs, it’s good to remember that you don’t have to wear the latest trend or buy the newest ‘it’ purse to be fashionable. Fashion is a self-expression of your personality and mood. If it’s springtime and you don’t feel like wearing pastels and flower prints, then don’t! No one dictates what you can and can’t wear. Fashion is what you make of it.
I strongly believe that you sometimes have to fake it until you make it. There are mornings where I wake up and I feel like shit. And those are the days that I’ll make sure I’m either wearing a comfortable outfit but still feel put together, or I’ll dress up and take a bit more time on my makeup so that I can perk up a bit. There’s nothing wrong with that because you are helping yourself by making yourself feel better!
So there you go. The number one fashion tip that you need to know is that fashion has no rules. Have fun with it. Express yourself. Try new things. Or don’t! Whatever makes you comfortable, confidant and happy! Because that’s what’s the most important part: that you are feeling yourself in your outfit and that you are not wearing a trend just because that’s what’s popular.
What do you think about fashion trends and ‘rules’? Are there any that you live by? Make sure to share your comments below or through social media, I love hearing from you!
[ Photo credit to my amazing hubby! Thank you! ]
- WEEKLY NEWSLETTER | Want to receive weekly Love Letters and motivational emails? Sign up to the mailing list HERE
- FACEBOOK | Stay up to date with all my content by following the Facebook page – Click HERE
- PODCAST | Are you on-the-go? Listen to my Podcast for practical advice on how to Live a Life you Love – Click HERE
- GOAL-SETTING WORKSHOP | Ready to set inspired goals? Click HERE to sign up to the FREE goal-setting workshop where I guide you through a step-by-step process on setting your goals!
- “CREATE A LIFE OF LOVE + PURPOSE” MASTER CLASS | Learn the tools and strategies to live a more meaningful and happy life. Click HERE to learn more.